Thursday, January 25, 2018

Bullgryns

 Its almost weird seeing these guys built and painted. This unit started as a birthday present from my Uncle several years ago. Due to other projects at the time, I didn't get around to them before my next birthday came around, when another box of 3 came in. At that point, I decided to wait until the following year, figuring I would get the final 3... To which... I did! A week ago I finally built the unit, and over the last couple days, got them fully painted.
The unit is actually broken into 3 groups using different coloured gas-masks so I can run them in units of 3 instead of the full group of 9.
I was entertained when I sat down to paint and noticed that the slabshields had warning stripes on the joints where the shields link up... I would think there would be bigger issues at hand if you were in a situation where those warning stripes would keep you from losing an arm to shields being linked...
The skin is based with Rakarth Flesh and washed with Sepia and highlighted with Rakarth Flesh. The metal bits are based with Leadbelcher, washed with Sepia and highlighted with Leadbelcher again.

The blue of the armour and shield is based in Caledor Sky, washed with Nuln Oil and lighlighted with Leadbelcher. The pants are also based with Caledor sky and washed with Nuln oil, but before the wash went on, I did camo stripes with white and Lothern Blue.

And, for my uncle... "OGRE PANTS!"

1 comment:

  1. OGRE PANTS!

    Dem iz sum FINE OGRE PANTS ya got there!
    Time ta TERRORIZE the EMENY!

    Worth the wait to paint them up together as a group yar!

    ReplyDelete