Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Great Unclean One

 This was, as I figured, very fun and very disgusting to paint. Overall the painting took me about 6 hours to do, with about 2 of that being detailing all the infections across his body.
I based his skin in Castellen Green, washed with Sepia and highlighted with Skarsnik Green. For the infections I based in Genestealer Purple and then went over with Blood for the Blood God technical paint. For the tears in the skin, I based in Rakarth Flesh and washed with Carroburg Crimson.
The bell is based with Fulgurite Copper, washed in Sepia and highlighted with Leadbelcher.

 The tentacles coming out of his arm are also done in Genestealer Purple as the base and then gone over with Blood for the Blood God, leaving it that almost gut-wrenching red and it will stay shiny.

I enjoyed the tentacle arm enough that I built him with it, but still wanted the offhand weapon, so I found a spot on his side where the piece fit fairly well, giving it a look that he hooked the weapon into his side.

No comments:

Post a Comment